Professional qualifications, experience and accreditation
I am a Person Centred Counsellor/Psychotherapist. I gained my professional qualifications from Trinity College Dublin. I hold accreditation with the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) and The Irish Fertility Counsellors Association (IFCA).
I originally trained as a couples Counsellor with RELATE UK and worked for ten years in Marriage and Relationship Counselling Services (MRCS) Dublin.
I came to the area of Fertility in 2003 having trained with The British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA) and I have been the attending counsellor with the Merrion Fertility Clinic in Dublin since then. I also have a private practice in Dublin City North.
I was a founding member of The Irish Fertility Counsellors Association (IFCA)
and am an active member to date.
- Diploma in Counselling/Psychotherapy – Trinity College Dublin
- Cert in Couples Counselling - RELATE UK
- Fertility training with the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA)
- B.A. English Literature and Human Development – DCU
- Training in Supervision – IACP accredited
The area is constantly changing and developing and to stay in touch with both the latest and best practice. I retain membership of the following organisations.
- Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists – IACP
- Irish Fertility Counsellors Association – IFCA
- Irish Fertility Society – IFS
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology – ESHRA
- Donor Conception Network – DCN
Supervision and Continued Professional Development
My work is regularly supervised in accordance with the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) guidelines. I am committed to my ongoing personal and professional development in accordance with the IACP.